Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring is in the air... WELCOME

My best friend made the front page of the local Layton section of the Ogden Standard Examiner. She goes walking with her neighbor and the kids for exercise and conversation. They noticed a man taking photos of them. He asked if they would mind being in the paper. Every girls dream to make the front page sweaty. But think of the awesome example for her kids of physically fitness, plus it is kind of blurry. I think it is really cool. The nice warm weather has been a wonderful treat after a long cold winter. In fact I am usually sad to see winter end but not this year. I think we were home more than normal and endured the icy yuck longer than normal. I still saw the beauty but felt bad for my brother who was driving around with no heat, the people who were freezing with no shelter and those who were trapped indoors with small bored children. What fun to have our windows open again in the evening and hear kids playing in the neighborhood below us. The birds are chirping and my friends Emily's house is full of daffodils and pansies dot the Temple grounds. I love Utah because of the 4 seasons. This year-- I welcome spring.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Go walkers! I love starting out every day with a nice walk. It is a great way to begin the day.

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

I am laughing as I watch it storm like crazy outside. They perdict 6 inches of snow. I guess spring is going to wait a little while longer.