Thursday, May 08, 2008

Cast party and parting

Parting is such sweet sorrow- unless you have kids, a husband, a wife, or a life-- that has had about all they can take of your current play. I did not have these as my husband actually enjoyed the play much to both our surprise. We had our cast party I didn't feel much like a party with our fury buddy gone and a funeral looming for my cousins. I did love seeing everyone they really are people I enjoyed being with. there was not one person behind the scenes or on stage that I didn't like. I love that weeks after I still have people come up and call me Christine and laugh with big smiles as they tell me just how much they loved the play. How great that we brought joy to so many and that they still are laughing:) I am working now to collect all the photos and footage! Here are a few favorites from the new set I have. I love Sarahs blog about the sparkles and the banana, since I use this as a journal which I have hard bound each year I am copying it over to this. Go check out the real deal at her blog.
Opening Night Run-down by Sarah Ray
We had opening night last night for our stake play. It was a lot of fun and actually turned out pretty well, all things considered! Our dress rehearsal the night before was quite rough. But last night people were actually laughing and seemed to enjoy it, so it couldn't have been that bad. But Oy Vey! In one scene we had two missed entrances, which totally threw me off, so then I ran off stage WAY early and had to, quite obviously, re-enter to continue a conversation that never should have ended. Yikes! Joel (Junior) got a little pistol-happy and decided to shoot our already dead prop man to death, not to mention everything else in sight. He seems to think he is the star attraction. I'm thinking tonight I might try to replace that pistol with a banana when he isn't looking. Really. I'm going for it. Oh yes, and the director has a crush on my hubby. Really.
Sparkles and Bananas by Sarah Ray
Last night the play was....unusual. To start, we didn't start. Until half an hour late. Missy had sparklies, a LOT of sparklies. And she was loving it! She kept offering them to everyone, but I think it was just so she could rub the excess on herself. She was, in all aspects of the phrase, too good to be true! The banana scheme, not so much. I practice stealing Juniors gun and returning it to his holster without him noticing all night, so I thought it would be easy. But I wasn't banking on him sitting so close to the side of the chair! I couldn't squeeze the banana in - and then he noticed and then I missed my lines because I was so preoccupied with the banana! It turned out funny, but not as planned. We had some interesting mistakes, but nothing major. Closing night tonight, and boy will the pranks be flying!

1 comment:

Sarah or someone like her said...

Ben worked a little on the video while we were in Idaho and I think it might take him a millenium to finish it. Seriously.