

It was hard for me again on Oct. 10. It has been 8 years since my daddy died. Tonight
Karson asked if it has gotten easier. Yes, it has. But the pain only takes longer breaks from visiting. I asked Scott once when I would get over the death and he replied "When you are with him again". Time is a healer. I use to hate that saying and think it was a lie but for me it is true and Just the fact that I can admit it is easier I feel is a huge step. Death is especially hard for me to deal with. Not that anyone loves death. I had lots of

death in my life from a early age. I have friends in their 30s that have not been to a funeral. How would that be? I have friend that have all 4 grandparents alive and both parents. If I did not have the gospel of Jesus Christ death would be unbearable. The only way to remove the sting of death is to remove the love form life. No love in life makes for a very sad existence. SO I love deeply and when death comes even though it is temporary it hurts. For many years I did not even seek comfort I just relished the pain and held it so tight. My little brother
finally convinced me to get to the Temple a few months after my dads death and it was
absolutely a confirmation of life after death and the fact that our loved ones are still very much
involved with loving and caring for us. I guess my dad was just so human, such huge personality that it makes it seem very lonely without him. Anthony and I often
comment to each other that once he died it was as if we lost 100 people at once. He had a huge presence in
Scott's and my life. He had more confidence than anyone I know and he did many
secret 
acts of charity, which we found out about after his death. He worked hard and told me not to burn my bridges. I was such a pill in my teen years and wasted so many years fighting with him and causing him grief. I
apologized many times and he always would give me a huge hug and say you sure cut your nose off
despite your face but I love you. He loved babies and held me when I would cry about not being able to have a child of my own. He would cut out articles about adoption and give them to Scott and I to encourage us. He loved babies. During my cleaning this week of my scrapbook supplies I found a note he wrote to me in 1985. Sometimes Scott and I will just start to cry about missing him and then we tell our favorite stories and start to laugh. He was so excited to see his mom and dad again. Now it is
Aunt Sue who says she can't wait to be with them again. She told me really sweet stories of their childhood today, she LOVED her little
brother. I enjoy having her live with us, it makes me feel close to my family that is gone. I may even be ready to scrapbook the photos of his funeral. 8
years closer to seeing him again sounds nicer than 8 years since I held his hand or heard him laugh or wiped away one of his wet scratchy mustache kisses. I miss you Dad.
4 comments:
I love and relate completely with your statement about pain taking longer breaks before visiting again. It's been almost 10 ten years since mine has passed, and sometimes I think that I'm doing really well- and there will be a "relapse." I have many friends who have never really experienced death too, and it used to make me feel alienated as a child. Now I view it as a defining testimony builder. Even though I'd give anything to have my Dad back- I know that he is doing more work than he could here. The Lord had a better plan for him, and I can't wait to see him yet again. :) Hang in there, and if you ever need a friend to talk about it with- PLEASE let me know. :) I will be there. Love you!
I love and relate completely with your statement about pain taking longer breaks before visiting again. It's been almost 10 ten years since mine has passed, and sometimes I think that I'm doing really well- and there will be a "relapse." I have many friends who have never really experienced death too, and it used to make me feel alienated as a child. Now I view it as a defining testimony builder. Even though I'd give anything to have my Dad back- I know that he is doing more work than he could here. The Lord had a better plan for him, and I can't wait to see him yet again. :) Hang in there, and if you ever need a friend to talk about it with- PLEASE let me know. :) I will be there. Love you!
Because of our last conversation, I went back and read your post from last year - it is interesting to see how different they are - the different feelings that you are experiencing this year vs. last. This blog thing really is so cool. I have always loved the picture of you and he at your wedding. We have spent many, many hours over the last years talking about him. I really do feel like I know him - somehow, someway. And your even closer to being able to pull out the pictures from his funeral - that is amazing. I think you have made some really huge steps this past year - can't wait to spend all next week with you!
Missy,
I don't even know if you will get this since I'm commenting on a post from a few months ago. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I too, lost my dad. It was 1996 just after I graduated from college. It was unexpected and devastating. Like you, I have moments of sadness. I wish he was here for my wedding. I wish that he met my darling hubby (who's name is also Scott...you and I..so similar). I wish he were here for my kids. Another blow happened last year, my only brother passed away from cancer very unexpectedly as well. The only thing that I know is that I will see him again...
You are awesome. If you would ever like to gab, I would love to gab with you.
Luv,
Missy
Post a Comment