Sunday, September 11, 2011

2011 America Remembers 911

Aunt Sue and Scott and I went each year to a field near our old home to what was called the healing fields. This was our first visit back without Aunt Sue:( It really hit me how long my dad has been dead- he never about Sept 11. He died in 2000 a year before the attack and murders on the country he loved. It is the ten year anniversary and we had a very special day blessing George. It fell on Sunday so it was neat to be at church worshipping God enjoying freedom on this day of remembering. Mom and I watched some TV programs which I did not want to watch as I get so emotional but I am trying to be patient and kind and do what she likes more. It was our first time being at the fields with my mom. She really loved it. They had people reading the names of lives lost on 911 and since in the war on terror. They also had a new statue modeled after the men raising the flag on ground zero. I think of the people still dying because of exposures to hazards during the recovery efforts. I try to thank service men and women when I see them and the families who back them up. It is a day I won't forget and it helps me to be active in civics and service in my own community and to fight for truth and freedom.

No comments: