
Can you believe that 9-11 was so long ago? It was really not that long ago at all except that it seems people forget very fast. In our city they do a memorial each year on September 11th. Aunt Sue had a doctor appointment right near the field they hold it in. It sits in front of our city hall. The night before we went to dinner with Kinikini's and visited the field. Kelsie and Kaden ran through the flags, there is one for each person who died during the attack on Sept. 11. The red and

blue part on some of the flags holds the names of all who died that September. Kaden has so many questions. "So terrorist think God wants them to kill people?" He is in Kindergarten. He has
always been smart. It is sad that a question like that one even exists. How do you explain something to a child when it does not make any sense to an adult? There was a group of school aged children while we watched the ceremony. I thought about the children left behind

by all the people who died on September 11th or any day the world has known war. It is chilling to think of hate and how it ravages lives. Yet it can be hard to get along with family members at times. I wish I had all the answers and I knew the way to keep peace on earth. I do believe it starts in our own homes. Next we do what we can in our little communities. I have been working on the PTA board. It is weird to be in the PTA without having kids but when they asked me I felt like it was one way I

could give back and support my local schools. I
think that if everyone would do just a little bit-- big things could happen. Just smiling at a child can make a difference. Aunt Sue got a clean bill of health to celebrate she sat in the car while we watched soldiers retire a flag. They fired off canons, it was so loud but Aunt Sue could not hear a thing. There were family members there who have lost a loved one in Iraq. They had a whole section of flags for fallen Utah heroes. They cried as they held on to

each other. I can't imagine what it would be like to have war all around me. It doesn't even effect our daily lives like it did in previous wars. Imagine sugar rations and all the hardships everyone endured while the world fought. Now it is simply hard to remember that we are even at war. I'm glad to have reminders that Freedom is not Free.
No comments:
Post a Comment