Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Girls Night Out

I had a fun night where my face hurts from laughing so much with two friends tonight. One just is off track from teaching the others hubby was out of town. Not that we needed an excuses to get together but with one moving and life just busy sometimes it is hard to keep in touch and find time to hang out. I made a very ugly set of jewelry. We decided that if I call it wearable art and try to sell it for a ton of money then it would work out. The best part of the night was just being with 2 people that I can completely be myself around and feel so comfortable. It is not a fun thing to be self conscious, however there are times when I do feel that way. Never around these 2 friends. I like that they did not hold back in agreeing on the hideousness of the set I had made. It started out with the best of intentions I had ordered the beads because Sarah had ordered some similar ones and I thought they would be safe. Oh boy was I wrong. I can't even post a photos as I am afraid it might break my camera:) They must be destroyed or sold for lots of money as wearable art-- that is all there is to it. Hilary took me to a new soup/ sandwich/ salad place called ZUppas. It was yummy. I had a salad with romaine lettuce, chicken, strawberries, cashews, grapes, and feta. They gave us a chocolate dipped strawberry. Friends are good for what ales you, especially when you can laugh really really hard. I already miss Sarah.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Would you consider a private showing of your wearable art? I also make the wearable art. We should start a website. ;)