We sure love hanging out with Marlene's extended family. Her 3rd child has a 4th of July baby so it is fun to celebrate the birth of our Nation and of the firecracker aka Kenna. We had a BBQ at their house and then went to see the local town fireworks display. Scott and Paul had the kids doing sparklers which makes me crazy nervous. Scott was sad all his snaps were duds so he could not sneak up on Marlene and throw them at her feet while shouting "DANCE". I know he seems all sweet and kind but really he has his dad in him and that equals tease and naughty. I was sad to forget some earrings I had made for Marlene and my camera as I have been cheated out of the last couple 4ths as Scott was a sick boy. So maybe one of the kind camera holders will share a few shots with me? I cried during the fireworks. I usually do on the 4th. I imagine all the tremendous sacrifice made for my freedom. I think of how much I miss my family that is either far away or dead. I have GREAT memories of 4th and 24th of July with loved ones. I used to march in the parade with my drill team Razz-ma-taz. We always had BBQ and watched the fireworks with family and neighbors. I lived on a circle so we would all gather and do our own little displays. My dad had a great love of our country, my mom loved uniforms and Anthony loved music- it was happy times for us all as I adore the fireworks and being together. What a win win holiday it was for us. Michele gave me some glow sticks which I made into a crown for Scott and I and we just had a wonderful day. Karson would not do the interpretive dance called freedom with me this year but Marlene was all over taking both our places and had the kids not been there-- boy what a show. I played pet shop with Kelsie watched Kaden be his cute monkey self, got big hug from Lily, visit with April and Ranae, teased, laughed, and reflected. God bless America- I hope we are forever the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Saturday, July 05, 2008
Stars and Stripes Forever
We sure love hanging out with Marlene's extended family. Her 3rd child has a 4th of July baby so it is fun to celebrate the birth of our Nation and of the firecracker aka Kenna. We had a BBQ at their house and then went to see the local town fireworks display. Scott and Paul had the kids doing sparklers which makes me crazy nervous. Scott was sad all his snaps were duds so he could not sneak up on Marlene and throw them at her feet while shouting "DANCE". I know he seems all sweet and kind but really he has his dad in him and that equals tease and naughty. I was sad to forget some earrings I had made for Marlene and my camera as I have been cheated out of the last couple 4ths as Scott was a sick boy. So maybe one of the kind camera holders will share a few shots with me? I cried during the fireworks. I usually do on the 4th. I imagine all the tremendous sacrifice made for my freedom. I think of how much I miss my family that is either far away or dead. I have GREAT memories of 4th and 24th of July with loved ones. I used to march in the parade with my drill team Razz-ma-taz. We always had BBQ and watched the fireworks with family and neighbors. I lived on a circle so we would all gather and do our own little displays. My dad had a great love of our country, my mom loved uniforms and Anthony loved music- it was happy times for us all as I adore the fireworks and being together. What a win win holiday it was for us. Michele gave me some glow sticks which I made into a crown for Scott and I and we just had a wonderful day. Karson would not do the interpretive dance called freedom with me this year but Marlene was all over taking both our places and had the kids not been there-- boy what a show. I played pet shop with Kelsie watched Kaden be his cute monkey self, got big hug from Lily, visit with April and Ranae, teased, laughed, and reflected. God bless America- I hope we are forever the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey this is ranae. I had a great time visiting with you also. So I added the link to the Cafe Rio pork. It is under other favorites called good food. Click on the link and then you can look it up under pork or salad and scroll down until you find it. Can't wait to really try this recipe out.
Post a Comment