We are home from Hawaii. I slept for about 40 hours after getting home because I took a little to much xanax boy did I relax. My doctor gave it to me to help with my fear of flying and the nice side benefit is I sleep for a few days after. I generally don't sleep much ever. Scott and I have been to Hawaii many times thanks to Arbonne. We have been to 3 islands Maui, Kauai and Oahu. We did also take a day trip once to Lanai. I was disappointed my first time there to the island of Maui. I guess I just thought it would look different. I never really enjoyed Hawaii very much until this trip. I always liked being with Scott's parents, being with Scott and the island of Kauai but never Oahu. WOW- Miranda helped me to see the beauty of Oahu. We were lucky to be there with them and see all kinds of awesome things I have never seen before. I miss it so much. I usually come home from a trip and feel like OK lets get on with life but I really feel like a apart of us is still over there. We had the time of our lives. Maybe it is because this has been a rough couple of years and Scott needed a break, maybe it was the wonderful company, maybe the beauty, the perfect days or just the break from Scott's health suffering and his stresses. He got very sad the last few days thinking of heading back to reality. I thought I would pick a few photos and memories each day to remember and make it all seem closer than 3000 miles away in the middle of no where. Maui has a few things I like (road to Hana, Black Rock snorkeling, the crater) but far and above all the rest is Kauai. It is like I remember fantasy island as a child. Unspoiled, green, flowers everywhere, and awesome snorkeling. The waterfalls. Hawaii is heaven. Miranda opened my eyes to the joy of Oahu this trip. She has lived there now for 4 years. She has been to all the islands. (I still want to see the big island). Miranda is fun and feisty. I guess I need to give all the islands another chance. But I think Kauai will always be my favorite. I had fun making the photo collages I will post one a day for next while:) I will enjoy seeing it again.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Hawaii Heaven
We are home from Hawaii. I slept for about 40 hours after getting home because I took a little to much xanax boy did I relax. My doctor gave it to me to help with my fear of flying and the nice side benefit is I sleep for a few days after. I generally don't sleep much ever. Scott and I have been to Hawaii many times thanks to Arbonne. We have been to 3 islands Maui, Kauai and Oahu. We did also take a day trip once to Lanai. I was disappointed my first time there to the island of Maui. I guess I just thought it would look different. I never really enjoyed Hawaii very much until this trip. I always liked being with Scott's parents, being with Scott and the island of Kauai but never Oahu. WOW- Miranda helped me to see the beauty of Oahu. We were lucky to be there with them and see all kinds of awesome things I have never seen before. I miss it so much. I usually come home from a trip and feel like OK lets get on with life but I really feel like a apart of us is still over there. We had the time of our lives. Maybe it is because this has been a rough couple of years and Scott needed a break, maybe it was the wonderful company, maybe the beauty, the perfect days or just the break from Scott's health suffering and his stresses. He got very sad the last few days thinking of heading back to reality. I thought I would pick a few photos and memories each day to remember and make it all seem closer than 3000 miles away in the middle of no where. Maui has a few things I like (road to Hana, Black Rock snorkeling, the crater) but far and above all the rest is Kauai. It is like I remember fantasy island as a child. Unspoiled, green, flowers everywhere, and awesome snorkeling. The waterfalls. Hawaii is heaven. Miranda opened my eyes to the joy of Oahu this trip. She has lived there now for 4 years. She has been to all the islands. (I still want to see the big island). Miranda is fun and feisty. I guess I need to give all the islands another chance. But I think Kauai will always be my favorite. I had fun making the photo collages I will post one a day for next while:) I will enjoy seeing it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yea! You're back! I'm so happy you had a good time and got a nice break. And I'm jealous too! I'll call next time we're down in Sandy. Our condo is supposed to go on the market today, so we'll see how that goes.
So glad that you were able to get away from all the stress in your lives. It is always nice to be able to sit back, relax and let all the stress of life take a break. Glad you had a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it. We are heading on a cruise this weekend. Hope we enjoy it as much as you did.
What do you mean I'm feisty! I'm going to take it as a complement! :0) We woke up Monday morning and went to Koa's again. We kept thinking of Scott and how excited he was for the Loco Moco! We miss you guys...come back soon :0)
did you read my post on risk? It makes it sound like you gave me grass to relax I changed it to sound right. Sleeping grass not weed. Yes- feisty is good. I am feisty- it mean we are not boring vanilla but full of flavor! WHen are we meeting at Hires? I miss Sami! Oh and you and Mano and Taylor:)
Post a Comment