Saturday, October 13, 2007

Visit, vitality and vacation

I have to say that visiting is one of the nice things in life. I love to catch up with friends and family and see what they are up to, what they have learned and just be together again. I went to dinner last night with my friend Sherilynn. She also happens to be my best friends aunt:) She is great to talk to and we always have a fun time solving the world problems- if only the world would ask us... Her hubby is also a Bishop and our congregations meet in the same building. They start service at 9am we start and 1pm and another ward starts at 11am. In Jan. we will swap and I will get to see her more- yipee:) Scott has enjoyed having Mark there who has been serving for many years to help him. One of the things I Love is hearing about Marlene when she was little and I love talking with someone who also loves the Kinikini kids. Sherilynn and I have lots in common. We have the same couches, we both were YW Pres. and hubby's Bishops, neither have children, were both really darling, we are both super fun aunts, we are... well I guess I am a tiny bit prejudice. Soon I will be going on a trip with Marlene and a few other friends. I love to be with her. We have a great time. One thing that is great about Marlene is we feel totally comfortable around them. We are very different but it makes things fun. The only difference on this vacations from others is this time there will be -- no sugar, flour, dairy, chemicals-- for me:( That makes me a little sad as we usually have a fun time with all kinds of food. I can't believe it has been 8 weeks and I have not even felt sad about missing my old favorite foods. My liver pain is practically gone, my joints feel great, no more daily monster headaches, my tummy pain is mild and occasionally instead of sever and daily, haven't had a nosebleed, and I have no heartburn. I have been breaking out but since I'm cleaning my liver it shows me I am getting the yuck out. I know it takes some effort but it is worth it to feel better. My mom thinks I have lost my mind and asks how the dandelions are. I only had the leaves of one, once, and it was purchased from the store. Mom and I have fun late night talks when Scott is hunting. I want to learn about sprouting next and more about legumes and beans. These photos are from Jan 07.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

sounds like things are going well. i don't know if i could do the no sugar, flour every type of food thing...i love them too much. you are braver and stronger than i am:)